The instructions for getting your Treo to sync with your Mac over Bluetooth are replicated in a million difference places when you count the paper and electronic copies you are given.
The instructions you get when you start iSync, go to Help ->> iSync Help, and search for 'bluetooth isync palm' are slightly different.
There difference with these instructions is that they actually work.
I believe the basic steps are:
- Get Hotsync working from "HostSync Manager"
- Go to iSync and use the "Enable Palm" function
- Go to HotSync, go to "Hot Sync -> Conduit Setting". Click on "iSync Conduit".
- Click on the huge square button that says "Conduit Settings".
- A box will pop up. Check "Enable iSync for this Palm Device". Exit.
- still in iSync, click on "Sync Devices".
- Now you HAVE TO initiate the sync from the Palm Treo. The other way doesn't work.
- However, when you do this sync, once it is done iSync will pop up and sync things to the various Mac Apps
I'm recording this LJ entry so I can find these instructions the next time I need them. I've had to "re-discover" this twice so far.
Oh, and the syncing is fairly limited. I want to try The Missing Sync
because they claim to have gotten it right.